[worldKit-dev] Zoomify Fix Test

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 01:50:53 PST 2007

Hi Tie,

> Hello,
> thank you Mikel for fast fix of zoomify problem. Map loading is now working
> good.
>
> But there are some new problems with this new version.
> 1) On the map are sometimes gray lines, like on this snap:
> http://www.tie-music.net/geo/map.jpg
> or live here: http://www.tie-music.net/geo/index.php
> They are right between tiles. It happens only on zoom 1 and sometimes on the
> other zooms. I tried more maps.

There is an off by one error somewhere, caused by the effective dimensions of the
zoom level being non-integer .. I'll see if this can be sorted out.

> 2) Other bug is... that <swflayer>s aren't visible... I think that they are
> under the tiled map, because they are for a short time visible on black
> screen when map tiles are loading. Before fix, it was working well.
> My config.xml and rss.xml can be downloaded here:
> http://www.tie-music.net/geo/config.xml
> http://www.tie-music.net/geo/rss.xml

I've changed the load order of the zoomify images and the swflayer, so that
swflayer is loaded after and on top of zoomify. That's uploaded to "latest".
Does it fix this bug?

> It is possible download source files (fla and actionscript files) of this
> fix or future fixes? I know that they are here:
> http://www.worldkit.org/svn/
> but i think that are not updated yet.

I've checked in everything to svn.

> I want source files because i have to delete part of code in worldkitRSS.as,
> because i want to show same area sizes (coverage of Wi-Fi APs) at different
> zooms. But it is another story... :-)
>
> if (point.vector == undefined && point.precompile != true) {
>    point.mc[ point.clipname ]._xscale = rescale;
>    point.mc[ point.clipname ]._yscale = rescale;
> }

Cool .. if you could make this a config option, that would be a welcome addition.

-Mikel