[worldKit-dev] GeoWiki: tags not displayed and 'e' for edit?

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:12:35 PDT 2006

On 1 May 2006 10:37:18 -0700 (PDT) Mikel wrote:
> > 1. Display of tags does not work in my humble opinion.
> > I then changed the following in index.php (around line 24) from:
> >
> > ...To:
> > <?php include ("./tags");
> > ?>
> >
> > Then it worked, but its probably a hack...?
>
> The "tags" file is loaded in by Javascript. Including it on the server
works at startup, but not for Ajax updates after
> annotations are added. If there's some bug in the Javascript, that should
be addressed.

Many thanks for your hints. Regarding tag display I can't get it to run -
and I can't follow how
should call JavaScript code on client side... See perhaps here my demo at
http://www.geometa.info/worldkit/index.php .

I've got some other issues:

* When users insert non-ASCII characters (like umlauts), the
rss.xml-reader- which is somehow a hard coded file name in those .js
files(?) - just
breaks and nothing is displayed. So even new UTF8-URLs would'nt work.

* I recognized, that the rss.xml item writer splits multiple items into
know, RSS recognises only one...? So this example should be encoded perhaps
as <category>tag2 tag3</category> - but I'm not sure.

* Which height/width tags really controls the size of the content window? Is
it the tags in <worldkitconf> in config.xml file, or <object> and <emded>
and in index.php file? I actually wanted to get a 500 x 500 px map and ended
up in maintaining the 500 x 250 px ratio...

* I'm just wondering what the upper limits of the size of rss.xml would
be...

-- Stefan