[worldKit-dev] GeoWiki: tags not displayed and 'e' for edit?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 09:34:36 PDT 2006

  > Many thanks for your hints. Regarding tag display I can't get it to run - and I can't follow how
 > should call _JavaScript code on client side... See perhaps here my demo at http://www.geometa.info/worldkit/index.php .

In your example, you have <p class="legend"> containing the tags. If you add  id="legend", it should work as expected.

In geowiki.js, the gettags function and its callback set the value of the element with id="legend".

Yea, I admit to bad form using both id and class with values of "legend".

 > I've got some other issues:
 >
 > * When users insert non-ASCII characters (like umlauts), the rss.xml-reader - which is somehow a hard coded file name in those .js files(?) - just breaks and nothing is displayed. So even
> new UTF8-URLs would'nt work.

I've had lots of difficulty in other projects with utf-8, transmitted by javascript. If anyone has tips on how to deal with utf-8 in Ajax, that would be helpful.

> this example should be encoded perhaps as <category>tag2 tag3</category> - but I'm not sure.

Its permissible to have multiple <category> tags in RSS 2.

 > * Which height/width tags really controls the size of the content window? Is it the tags in <worldkitconf> in config.xml file, or <object> and <emded> and in index.php file? I actually
> wanted to get a 500 x 500 px map and ended up in maintaining the 500 x 250 px ratio...

Both the height/width in html (<object> and <embed>) and in the config must match.

 > * I'm just wondering what the upper limits of the size of rss.xml would be...

It depends on the amount of memory on the client machine .. generally up to a few hundred works all right.

Cheers
Mikel