[worldKit-dev] GeoWiki: tags not displayed and 'e' for edit?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 10:37:18 PDT 2006

 > A hint, a question and a feedback on the downloadable GeoWiki demo code:

 > 1. Display of tags does not work in my humble opinion.
 > I then changed the following in index.php (around line 24) from:
 >
 > ...To:
 > <?php include ("./tags");
 > ?>
 >
 > Then it worked, but its probably a hack...?

The "tags" file is loaded in by Javascript. Including it on the server works at startup, but not for Ajax updates after annotations are added. If there's some bug in the Javascript, that should be addressed.

 > 2. With 'i' one can insert. Can one switch to edit mode ('e') too?

There's nothing there presently for editing, that would be cool though. GeoWiki is open source as well.

I've just added GeoWiki in subversion. This is the code that Markus has contributed, in action at http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/ .. he's implemented support for lines and polygons as well. There's still some references in there specific to his Bangalore Geowiki, so some cleanup is necessary.

  > 3. HTML documentation for GeoWiki says:
 > <<
 > Unpack the files from the download, and place them in a single directory on your webserver. Make sure the files " rss.xml, tags, tags.out"

> are all writable. Load the url for this directory in your browser, and it's ready to go.
 > <<
 > Should be tags.count instead tags.out:
 > >>
 > Unpack the files from the download, and place them in a single directory on your webserver. Make sure the files " rss.xml, tags, tags.count"

> are all writable. Load the url for this directory in your browser, and it's ready to go.

FIXED!

-Mikel