[worldKit-dev] Path only displayed of first point in view

Matt McClelland matt at wildcolour.com
Tue Jun 20 00:41:54 PDT 2006

Hi All

I am wondering if this is a bug, as designed or me been stupid.

I have a path that describes a bushwalk.  I want to show that walk in
sections (ie first half second half)

It seems that the track is only displayed if the first point of the track is
in the world as defined by <North><south> etc.

Since geo:line does not seem to work in WMS mode - due to a problem with
accuplot, I have loaded an image and defined it as the whole world using
<north><south> etc boundries.

(big fat ugly black line is defined by geo:line in the rss-tes.xml file)

so this works
http://www.wildwalks.com/maps/nswsecmap.php?minlong=151.1719726&minlat=-33.5923571&maxlong=151.1932852&maxlat=-33.5891496&title=Bridge%20to%20Point%20(end)%20&desc
=

But if I bring the eastern boundry in just a touch (to the west side of the
first point) then the line goes by by  :(
http://www.wildwalks.com/maps/nswsecmap.php?minlong=151.1719726&minlat=-33.5923571&maxlong=151.1922852&maxlat=-33.5891496&title=Bridge%20to%20Point%20(end)%20&desc

Any ideas on how to be able to show the line if any part of it is in view??

Matt  :)