[worldKit-dev] new version of geowiki

Markus Graeser god1 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 14 04:46:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

It seems that the new geowiki is working now on Internet Explorer as well. It allows to add and edit items (points, lines and polygons) directly on the map, track and undo changes in a history, and link the map items either with a normal wiki or with individual urls. Map and linked pages are displayed in the same browser window.

You can see two versions online, the standard one (http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/standard) and one linked to pmwiki (http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki). The sources are at http://ctrlw.net/geowiki.tar.gz (@Mikel: can you host it on worldkit.org as well, if you don't mind? Maybe additionally to your older version, since that may still be useful).

Compared to the original geowiki, you cannot display images for individual items on the map, since worldkit does not send this information to the browser, and the map is smaller now to display forms and linked sites on the same page. And the code got larger and more complex ;-)

I'm happy about any feedback, especially from Windows users, since I could hardly test it with IE (it should work as well, but the behaviour is slightly different). See you,

Markus