[worldKit-dev] new list member here

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 07:50:37 PST 2006

Hi Bruce

Welcome!

Turns out the problem is with the length of the internally generated id. This is currently a straight combination of all the contents of each RSS item (title, link, description). It looks like flash is only passing the first 256 characters of the javascript call.

The stopgap solution is the one you've found -- specify a guid. The permanent solution is to fix how internal identifiers are generated. I've added an issue..
http://www.rockburger.com/roundup/roundup.cgi/worldkit/issue165

I expect this will be easy to fix once the current refactoring from Actionscript 1.0 to 2.0 is complete.

Mikel