[worldKit-dev] multiple events at single locations

Bruce Thomas rheotaxis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:29:36 PST 2006

I have tried using RSS 2.0 to put multiple annotations at the same location,
and only one <item> is visible. I need to allow users to disambiguate among
several (up to seven or eight) different hyperlinks from the same point on
the map. If there is one <item> in the GeoRSS for each unique location, and
using <window>_javascript:foobar</window>, the JavaScript function foobar()
could pop open a separate, little window with all the hyper-links in it,
sort of like the cartoon ballon that opens above Google map markers. Is
there any better way? I probably have to use the ID to call back to the
server to get the content that goes into the pop-up window, but I wonder if
I could do it all on the client side by pulling more information from the
GeoRSS that is already downloaded. The documentation says worldKit displays
the annotation <title> and <description>, but there might be other <item>
childern available/accessible by using the ID passed to my foobar()
function?