[worldKit-dev] multiple events at single locations

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 04:22:44 PST 2006

This is a long outstanding issue .. in fact the oldest unresolved issue in the tracker!
http://www.rockburger.com/roundup/roundup.cgi/worldkit/issue5

Currently annotations on the same location are just layered on top of each other. The most recently plotted annotation obscures those beneath it.

A complication is that this doesn't only apply to annotations in the exact same location, but also to nearly the same location. At a low zoom level, two points on different locations can potentially obscure each other.

The solution in worldKit would be to introduce an interaction manager above the level of individual annotations. If a click falls over multiple annotations, the manager would combine the result in some way - like passing multiple ids through the javascript, opening multiple windows, display a flip book like annotation in worldkit.

This will have to wait for the refactor, at which point I think it can be done easily. This would be a great feature for someone to pick up and run with.

A solution for you currently would involve, as you mention, processing of the GeoRSS feed on the server side, and producing popups containing multiple annotations in response to any single annotation click.

I believe worldKit also passes the <link>.

-Mikel