[worldKit-dev] set attributes for single items

Markus Graeser god1 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 07:36:49 PST 2006

> only, while <item> appears in the RSS feed. In your case you want a
> different symbol for each <item>? It might be that "mulitple categories"
> will be enough for you. Let's say you have 100 items. You could produce a

Thanks for the fast reply. It's a cool solution, yet my problem is a bit
different. I want to display sets of data for different areas and indicate
each area's value by its colour. Imagine that districts are displayed by
polygons on a map, and you have data sets (like literacy and income) for
each district. The colours of the map objects should now represent the
underlying data set. In the end, users should be allowed to insert and
display their own data sets.

As you say it's not possible to assign single items their own colour. So I
guess I have two possibilities: Either assign each element a distinct
category and load a dynamically created config.xml with the respective
colours, or define a reduced set of colours as categories and assign each
map element to the category which represents its range of values. I guess
the second is the simpler option.

@Mikel: Do you have plans for sth. related in the new version?

Regards,
Markus

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl