[worldKit-dev] geowiki mod

Markus Graeser god1 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 05:26:56 PST 2006

After some coding I have finally a working version of the improved geowiki
on ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki . It's still very basic and contains a lot of bugs,
but most general functionality is there:

* In view mode, when you click on a map-element its contents are shown in
the web-site, and the title is a link to an (independent) text wiki.

* In edit mode, the interface allows you to add points, lines and polygons,
and to modify existing ones.

* In visualise mode, you can enter data sets as pairs of (item-name, value),
which are then shown on the map in colours according to some definable value
range. If you've been in edit mode before, you may have to click two times
to get into visualise mode.

* The history function does not yet exist. It is the last missing thing of
the basic functionality.

In the next days I want to finish this, remove bugs and improve the code and
user interface. Any comments are welcome.

I'd be also very interested in a few worldkit options, but have no idea of
actionscript. Mikel, maybe you can tell me where I should look at?

* I'd like to set config options (like inputonly) from javascript, or give
the url of a config file and ask to load this (e.g. JConfComm ?).

* Currently I get the infos for each clicked item from the server. Is it
possible to get it from worldkit directly (e.g. xml = getItem(uid))?

The new worldkit behaves slightly different regarding JLoadComm. Now it
seems that I have to clear the map first and then load the data file, while
before it was enough to just load the new file. Not really a bug, just sth.
I had to adapt to.

Btw Mikel, thanks for this cool piece of software, I like it a lot! :-)

Regards,
Markus