[worldKit-dev] Time interval question initialplotcolor --> restingplotcolor

John Hillmer JHillmer at ExecPC.com
Sun May 11 22:51:10 PDT 2008

I'm a new user (developing a map for my photography web site) using worldKit.  First, this is really a great tool - thank you for providing this!  I found it in use at Sitemeter.com, and asked them how they made their maps, and they pointed me to worldKit.

It's well documented that the time between initialplotcolor and restingplotcolor is 60 seconds.  Has anyone found a way to make that a different time interval?  A config setting for that would be nice.  I've set my plotinterval to .5 and want to set a time-interval so each point will change colors about .5 or .75 secounds after each point is plotted.  The effect with lots of points on the map might be a nice chasing effect as they are placed on the map, one by one in one color (such as a bright yellow), and then quickly they would change to something else (like a red).  This would focus your attention on the new points as they are added.

In the meantime to show animation and progress, I'm using the track option.... and that looks pretty cool too.

I'm an amature photographer and I want to document the locations of my pictures, where they were taken (and in what order).  You can see my current solution at this site:

http://www.jhillmer.com/Gallery/map/map.html

If you want to see any of my pictures, they are all nature shots (scenic and wildlife), then click on the Home link at the botton of that web page.  (You can get back to the Map by clicking the Location link at the bottom of any page in the Gallery).

By the way, I'm using an Excel sheet to generate all the the xml for the configuration file.  I enter the location (from my notes about each shot), and the coordinates (using my GPS or http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm) and then I have Excel formulas that generate all the lines for the config file... pretty nice, especially when I want to short the list.

Thanks for any ideas!

- John