[worldKit-dev] errors in compiling source code

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 00:45:45 PST 2007

Hi Sige

String.prototype.match is defined in RegExp.as
There is a different way to extend the core classes in MTASC, but I'm not familiar.

If that doesn't seem tenable, then it wouldn't be that hard to just create a new class
with RegExp functionality. Or perhaps it could just be made a function rather than a
class method. The RegExp match function is only used in worldkitUtil, for date parsing.

I'm using Flash 8.

For projections -- this is a bigger effort, worldKit for the most part now assumes EPSG:4326
everywhere. I have sketched out what it would take to adapt worldKit -- nothing too difficult
but would take some careful work. I can provide pointers if you have interest in taking
this on.

Mikel