[worldKit-dev] Problems displaying WMS imagery in WorldKit

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 02:06:44 PST 2007

Hi Jon

http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/WK/visual/
http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/WK/visual/config.xml

You don't want to escape ampersands in the url. Enclose that value in a CDATA section to make it correct XML. Flash actually doesn't mind bare ampersands, so often I'm sloppy and create config.xml with badly formed XML.

Running locally might be a problem too .. there are security settings in Flash which can prevent it from accessing remote sites.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/fplayer8_security.html

Mikel