[worldKit-dev] Problems displaying WMS imagery in WorldKit

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Sat Feb 17 09:03:03 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered WorldKit and think it looks great.  I'm very
interested in using it to display WMS imagery but I can't get my
example WorldKit map to display images from any WMS that I've tried.
I must be doing something silly - could someone please post a
*complete* worldkit config file that contains a WMS layer that's known
to work?  I've cut and paste lots of snippets but all I see is
day.jpg.

Is it important to escape ampersands in the WMS URL in the config file
(e.g. ...wms.cgi?request=GetMap&layers=...)?  I've tried files
with and without escaping with no luck.  I'm running worldkit off my
local disk because I don't have access to an HTTP server at the moment
- could this be causing problems?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK