[worldKit-dev] AS3 / Flex Version?

William Thorp bill3000 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:32:46 PDT 2007

Ian,

I'll try to be helpful here, since I suggested the AS3 port.   :)  I'm not sure I'm really to jump in completely yet.

I ran AS2API on Worldkit and generated a bare minimum documentation.  (Errr... maybe I should have used a documentation scraper that supports AS3?!)
Its not much without documentation comments.  Maybe documenting the AS2 would be a good place to start?

I hope most of the brainless work can be automated.  I tried two as2 -> as3 converters (spikefin and 5 1/2 blog).  I haven't looked at the output, but I have attached it.

I'd like to hear "administrative" view on how straight of a port should be considered and also who is interested in helping out.  If there is a "critical mass," I might throw a little more effort into the idea.

-Bill

> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:21:54 +0100> From: ian at planetmayo.com> To: worldkit-dev at lists.brainoff.com> Subject: Re: [worldKit-dev] AS3 / Flex Version?> > Hi all,> to help the porting effort along, is there anybody out there AS3/Flex> proficient enough to produce a high-level overview of what is> required?> > I'm happy to contribute at the nitty-gritty code level, but would like> someone "in the know" to document an overall architecture, together> with potentially improved data structures that are more compliant with> AS3/Flex - for instance I would hope that we would have sufficient> data structures to support a "tree" of data, indexed by category,> time, etc.> > With the overview done, a wider number of us can contribute at the low> level knowing we're working towards the same goal.> > cheers,> Ian.
Explore the seven wonders of the world