[worldKit-dev] how can scanned map be converted for worldkit use.

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 00:40:37 PDT 2006

Hello

To use arbitrary imagery, you will need to

1) convert it to a format support by Flash. For most Flash Players, that will be JPEG (non-interlaced).

2 can be tricky if you only have some arbitrary imagery available; you'd need to do the georeferencing yourself. There are various tools to do this, but off the top of my head
the only one I know of is Hack 56 in the "Google Maps Hacks" book from O'Reilly. There's a demo of this at their website: http://mappinghacks.com/projects/gmaps/brc_ref.html

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mikel