[worldKit-dev] distorted lines and polygons with <accuplot>

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 03:07:59 PDT 2006

Hi Markus

> Using an image as background and accuplot set to false, lines between
> correctly placed points are sometimes not drawn correctly. This seems to
> depend on the zoomlevel, e.g. with initialzoom 2 I got lines painted only
> half the length they should be. You may see this at
> http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/ in edit mode. Switching to view mode and back
> to edit mode makes it show up fine.

I'm not able to replicate this. Can you provide any more information?

> When I use accuplot, points stay in place, but lines and polygons jump to
> other places depending of the current zoomlevel. See
> http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/accu and zoom around
>
> With wms and accuplot, points are still fine (now also in high zoomlevels),
> but I can't find any other elements on my map. See
> http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/wms/
>
>  Are these bugs, or am I missing sth. with my configurations?

accuplot and lines/polygons are not compatible at the moment.

> Then I have two points for the wishlist:
> It would be cool if line thickness won't change while zooming, as is the
> case for the size of points.

If you set line thickness to "0" then it won't change while zooming (but it also might be hard to see).

For this to work with non-zero thickness, the lines would need to be redrawn on each zoom. Incidentally,
this would also fix the accuplot compatibility problem.

Agreed, have added a ticket for this. http://worldkit.org/trac/index.fcgi/ticket/116

> PS: Sorry if you got this mail earlier, I posted it some days ago but
> apparently it didn't reach the list.

I have some other emails from you, haven't had a chance to respond til now. Looking now..

Mikel