[worldKit-dev] New to the list and question

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 11:01:11 PDT 2006

Hi Riny, and Welcome!

> I just registered and first thing to ask is if its correct that the list
> archive is broken?
> http://lists.brainoff.com/pipermail/worldkit-dev-brainoff.com/ I mean.
>
> It would help me a lot if this is available because I wouldnt want to
> bother you with things already asked/resolved.

It's working for me now.

> Well, now I am here anyway... Is there a way of controlling multiple WMS
> layers by javascript? I'd like to overlay Demis wms images on the
> Onearth layer, but then transparant. Maybe this question has already be
> answered on the list, sorry for crossposting then.

Yes totally possible. Assign each WMS layer a category attribute. Then you can control the visibility in javascript with "JLayComm"

http://worldkit.org/doc/layers.php#wms
http://worldkit.org/doc/javascript.php#to

> Thank you all for a nice work, we plan to use worldkit in Participatory
> Environmental mapping systems in central asia.

That sounds really interested. Please keep us posted on progress, and feel free to send more queries.

Thanks
Mikel