[worldKit-dev] Example sites seem to hint at only simple functionality

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 08:23:09 PDT 2006

Hi Oliver

> It seems from the many examples on the Worldkit website that its not
> possible to display the photos on the same page as the map without browser
> refresh. Is this really the case?

Certainly is possible, to display images directly in worldKit..
http://worldkit.org/doc/rss.php#thumb

.. or in DOM elements loaded by Javascript
http://worldkit.org/doc/javascript.php#from

> Can anyone direct me to a website which makes full use of the fetaures
> available in Worldkit in particular the use of GIS-like layers?

Hidden Ecologies is a good example of layers...
http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/database/map/Hidden_Ecologies/herons_head/herons_head_map.asp
http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/database/map/Hidden_Ecologies/south_bay/south_bay_map.asp

Cheers,
Mikel