[worldKit-dev] Multiple WMS Layers

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 00:46:14 PST 2006

Yes, it's possible. The details are in making these different layers visible.

The Javascript API variable JLayComm will switch visibility of wms layers based on their "id".
http://brainoff.com/worldkit/doc/layers.php

To overlay multiple semi-transparent WMS layers..

Flash Player 8 can load semi-transparent PNG and GIF. So at least that version is required on the client. I'm not sure if worldKit would also need to be compiled as a target for 8 for this to work.

In Flash Player 7 and earlier, only JPEG and SWF can be loaded from external sources. So if the WMS servers can produce SWF, that's another way to get transparencies.

-Mikel