[worldKit-dev] set attributes for single items

Bruce Thomas rheotaxis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:22:25 PST 2006

OK, here is another idea, perhaps more dynamic, but more work to implement.
Use your RSS to make a separate, semi-transparent jpg image on server-side
symbolized however you like, then use <swflayer> tag in configuration file
to display it. The documentation says it will appear on top of base map, but
under annotation. You could still display your same RSS annotation using
very small, black circles (almost invisible), so you get the pop-up text
boxes where the symbols appear. I haven't tried this, but maybe its worth
looking into?