[worldKit-dev] Controlling annotation visibility based on zoom level

Jim Baack jhb01 at thebaacks.com
Thu Aug 10 11:35:35 PDT 2006

I'm new to worldkit so my apologies if there's a documented answer to this question - I didn't find one.

I'm wondering about how to control the visibility of anotations based on how far in/out the map is zoomed. The scenario is something like this - a Zoomified map of California with heavy annotations at the city level. Viewing the whole state, the annotations would be an ugly mess all on top of each other in each city. They would then separate and become useful as one zooms in. Is there a way to turn off the annotations at the outer zoom - or better, indicate that there are multiple annotations but not try to display every one? Thanks.

Jim