[worldKit-dev] new version of geowiki

andrea giraldi idlariga at yahoo.it
Sat Aug 5 08:23:28 PDT 2006

hi markus and everybody,
I've tried the geowiki code  modified by markus. I'm a windows user,  and the code works fine on firefox but with IE does not permit me to annotate.  I made some little change to the html code, becouse i need a big map's window separeted from the textual part of the site. i'd like also to have photo-thumbnails. is it disactivated in the new markus-geowiki release?
between the problems there  are 1)zoomyfier that does not work everytime,  and 2)the impossibility of using png/gif icons  having  the other functions to work fine.
I appreciated a lot the semplification in the files needed , the possibility of drawing annotations seeing what you are drawing in real time, the pick mode to design without problems new annotations above older ones.
This is my feedback! you can see an example in my sendbox (please try it and note that i didn't pay attention to graphic, just to different functions, and i'd like feedback about it) www.mappeaperte.net/prova

Thank you Mikel, Markus and ciao to the list.
Andrea

Markus Graeser <god1 at gmx.net> ha scritto:  Hi,

It seems that the new geowiki is working now on Internet Explorer as well. It allows to add and edit items (points, lines and polygons) directly on the map, track and undo changes in a history, and link the map items either with a normal wiki or with individual urls. Map and linked pages are displayed in the same browser window.

You can see two versions online, the standard one (http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki/standard) and one linked to pmwiki (http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki). The sources are at http://ctrlw.net/geowiki.tar.gz (@Mikel: can you host it on worldkit.org as well, if you don't mind? Maybe additionally to your older version, since that may still be useful).

Compared to the original geowiki, you cannot display images for individual items on the map, since worldkit does not send this information to the browser, and the map is smaller now to display forms and linked sites on the same page. And the code got larger and more complex ;-)

I'm happy about any feedback, especially from Windows users, since I could hardly test it with IE (it should work as well, but the behaviour is slightly different). See you,

Markus