[worldKit-dev] swflayer problem

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 02:50:29 PDT 2007

Hi

It appears that comercial.swf is a flash version 9 movie (am I right?). If so, this would be the source of the problem .. a Flash 8 movie (like worldkit.swf as distributed), can not load a Flash 9 movie.

The easiest solution would be to export comercial.swf from Flash as a Flash 8 movie. You'd need to have access to the source of course.

The other option is to compile worldKit for Flash 9. I'm not certain that's possible as is, without porting the AS2 code to AS3. We had a discussion last month on this, and this would be a good direction for the project. There's a couple folks on list who are interested, but we need to get a group together committed to making this happen.

Best
Mikel