[worldKit-dev] Firing in time changes through javascript

Ian Mayo IanMayo at freenet.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 12:49:02 PDT 2007

thanks for coming back to me Mikel.

I'm casting my net out to find a developer to make the following
improvements/extensions to worldKit - all of which I expect to submit
to you on completion.  I'm building into the project whereby I have a
copy of the developer's design document to review before they start
work.  I intend placing this document on this list to get the
"collective" opinion on the changes.

To start the developer off on the right track, I'd appreciate any tips
you may have that relate to the ffollowing changes:

    * My data-file contains points too "close-together" to be plotted
correctly in WorldKit's normal plotting mode. WorldKit has an
"accuplot" configuration option that allows more accurate plotting,
but straight line plotting is broken in this mode. Repair straight
line-plotting between the points so it works correctly when in
"accuplot" mode
    * when plottng time-data, allow provision of a "period" value, to
indicate the time period for which past data should be plotted - as a
"back-trace". So, a "period" of 10 minutes would indicate that the
current point, plus the past 10 minutes of data be plotted. Value of
period to be specified in Seconds
    * provide a "fade to background" setting <showBackTrace>. When
this is true, and when plotting time data, the "back-history" points
fade from solid at time-now, to transparent at last-point in history.
    * provide a "set time now" interface (called JTimeComm) that
allows the current displayed time to be controlled from JavaScript.
    * a configuration option <hideEmptyTitle> that hides the tooltip
box when the relevant datapoint does not include a text-descriprion.

thanks again,
Ian.