[worldKit-dev] A few development suggestions

Andrei BEJENARU abejenaru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:47:34 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Worldkit as part of a vehicle tracking application,
and I already have the geographical data in the page, packed as JSON,
since I use AJAX calls to retrieve it asynchronously. But in order to
pass this data to Worldkit I must:

1. make the initial annotation load by using <dataurl> and a
dynamically generated RSS (and retrieving again data I already have
available). I only I could define a JS callback for the onload flash
event (since I couldn't find a decent way to be notified that the
flash movie finished loading - I tried using JRSSComm right after the
flash definition and I get "SetVariable is not a function").

2. convert the JSON data to RSS, while I believe that interpreting the
JSON would not be very difficult as ActionScript is also an ECMAScript
language, similar to JavaScript. So, if un-serializing JSON it's just
a plain eval, I would really appreciate a new method of passing
annotations.

Just my 2c.
Andrei