[worldKit-dev] WMS-related features in WorldKit

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 00:26:31 PST 2007

Hi Mikel,

> You can assign a category to each WMS layer, and control visibility with
> "JLayComm".
OK, but can I add new layers dynamically (say, by allowing the user to
type in a WMS URL on my website)?

> > 2) if it's possible to change the properties (e.g. the style) of
> > existing layers with Javascript
>
> Which properties?
The style for example: I guess what I'm really asking is, "is it
possible to change the WMS URL at runtime"?

> > 3) how to do the WMS time navigation I've seen at
> > http://worldkit.org/wmstimenav/ - this looks great.  I have a
> > (homegrown) WMS 1.3.0 that supports the time dimension.
>
> Thanks! This was experimental .. but with a little bit of coding it could be
> polished off.
OK - are there any guidelines on how to replicate this?

What I'm looking to do is see if there's potential to use WorldKit in
a similar way to how I use OpenLayers in my ocean data exploration
site: http://lovejoy.nerc-essc.ac.uk:8080/ncWMS/godiva2.html.  Just
exploring possibilities at the moment.

Cheers, Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK