[worldKit-dev] New Worldkit user

Michael Clancy mclancy125 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 09:35:27 PST 2007

I have recently started to use Wolrdkit. I am using Worldkit to map weather stations in central Asia, in correlation with our glacial recession research we are conducting in the same reason. I have a few question about Wk. If any one could provide insight that would be great. I am using the onearth 15m world map as m background on top of this I have 125 points (all weather stations) each link will redirect you to the main page for that station. Each page will have links to various information that is available for that station. I have already created all my rss  geo points and my config file seems to be in good shape. When I display the map and points it doesn't look like all of them load, and I have changed the load interval setting to zero so they should all load at once. I'm not sure if there may be an issue between the rectification of the map and the lat. long values I used ie(45.23 77.34). Or perhaps is there a limit to the number of points that can be in one
 category? Should I create several categories? Secondly I would like to add some layers like country borders ect. is there anywhere I can find swf files that all ready contain political data like this, or do I have to create my own? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael Clancy
University of Idaho
Environmental Science