[worldKit-dev] AS3 / Flex Version?

Ian Mayo IanMayo at freenet.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 01:49:23 PDT 2007

Hi all

a few weeks ago Bill Thorp polled for interest in porting worldKit to
Flex/ActionScript 3.0 (copied below).  "Updating" the software in this
way matches my aspirations for furture use of worldKit.

Bill: did you have any positive feedback off-list?
All (esp Mikel):  I'm interested in any opinions regarding the pros
and cons of this upgrade.

- Do members of the community look forward to adoption of Flex?
- Are there any features/3rd party libs that couldn't be ported?  (zoomify?)
- Would in ease/complicate worldKit maintenance/adoption?

cheers,
Ian.