[worldKit-dev] UI-example and IDE

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 00:42:11 PDT 2006

> UI-example: In a previous post I reporterd user interface design issues for (wms) map clients. I now found an appealing example in flash (unfortunately not open
> source as I know):  http://www.demis.nl/home/pages/wms/demiswms.htm . previous view, zoom in/out (drag rectangle), get feature info, distance, selecting layers,
> legend, print map.

I'm presently implementing buttons to switch between grabber and zoomselect modes within worldKit, for a contract job.
I do like the demis toolbar, and it would be great to integrate for closely with WMS, through the GetCapabilities query.

 > Extending worldkit:
 > * Which tools do you use for programming _javascript and flash?
 > * Are there alternatives for compiling ActionScript and generating swf?

I have been using the Flash IDE to compile worldKit, but do most all of the development in external actionscript files. emacs is my editor of choice.

There are open source tools for compiling actionscript into swf!! And I would consider this to be the top priority for the project. Adopting the open source compiler was the reason I spent the time on updating worldKit for Actionscript 2.0 (the OS compiler only handles AS 2.0). Unfortunately I haven't had time to look into the tools in detail, and perhaps I'm lazy because it's not a necessity for my development.

http://osflash.org/
http://worldkit.org/trac/admin.fcgi/ticket/72

This really is an ideal ticket for contribution beyond myself -- it will take no coding, only adaptation to a new tool set, and will have great benefits for worldKit.

-Mikel