[worldKit-dev] Tranform vectors to tracks

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 01:36:33 PST 2006

Hi Giorgio

I've done some work on scripting this transformation, using the gdal/org toolset and some Perl. In fact, the Arabian Pennisula map on the worldkit.org is a GeoRSS file derived from such a transformation.

I can go into details of this if you like, but I'm not sure this is what you're asking. Is this what you're interested in? "Faster methods" suggests you already have a method for doing this transformation, but that it's too slow. Or perhaps you are looking for vector simplification algorithms?

Mikel

ps It would probably be good to investigate these transformations anyway. Get some documentation up on the wiki. Start a subproject. Look into native support for GeoRSS in gdal/ogr

l Message ----