[worldKit-dev] newbie: cant get demo to work

Randall W rpw101ml at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 5 22:41:34 PDT 2006

Hi everyone/
   I just downloaded the worldkit demo but I cant get
it to work properly.

    "Out of the box" all I get is a black screen.

    If I modify config.xml and change <displaytype> to
none  (ie <displaytype></displaytype>) I get the 3
points defined in rss.xml on a black background. I can
click on these to jump to the URL's etc

    I've been able to get the polar image
('arctic.jpg') to display (which incidentally is a map
of the ANTARCTIC not the arctic) with <polarimg> and
displaytype=polar.

    I've browsed to other sites using worldkit and
they seem to display OK.

    I've tried smaller images with no success

    my browser can load
http://xxx.xxx/worldkit/day.jpg so access to the
images isnt a problem

    Environment is apache 1.3.26 webserver and windows
XP/SP2 client- using firefox 1.5 and IE 6.0 browsers
gives the same result.

    So what am I doing wrong?  Am going crazy here..

regards
Randall