[worldKit-dev] (no subject)

Markus Graeser god1 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 9 21:57:06 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've been playing around with worldkit and following the list for some
time, so I guess it's time to say hello and bother you with questions.

I'm trying to use worldkit-geowiki to build a map-wiki, a wiki-like
editable map-system. Do you think worldkit is useful for this, or would
you recommend sth. else? Have you tried similar things? How does
worldkit scale?

And more detailed:
Is it possible to switch to input-mode without pressing 'i' (e.g. by
clicking a javascript-link)? And is it possible to leave the annotations
visible while in input-mode? It would be nice to add lines and polygons
while the rest is still visible, without pressing 'i' for each point
(like in PloneWorldkit).

Until now I've only combined worldkit with an existing wiki (pmwiki), so
people can add annotations which link to the respective wiki-pages
(http://ctrlw.net/geo/geowiki).

While doing this I had problems with the tags. Tags of a new element
would overwrite the former tags. This only happened on my webserver, not
locally. After a small change it works fine now:
I changed annotate.rs.php.buildtags($newtags) from
        $lines = file("./tags.count","r");
        foreach ($lines as $line) {
                $line = rtrim($line);
                $tmp = split("\t", $line);
                $tags[ $tmp[0] ] = $tmp[1];
        }
        $lines = fopen("./tags.count","r");
        while (!feof($lines)) {
                $line = fgets($lines);
                $line = rtrim($line);
                $tmp = split("\t", $line);
                $tags[ $tmp[0] ] = $tmp[1];
        }
        fclose($lines);

Also I wondered about the tags file. Entries open with <a> and close
with </font>. But I didn't find how it's used, and don't get any
problems with that.

Thanks for reading until here ;-)
Regards,
Markus