[worldKit-dev] [SPAM] - Re: Location dot without rss.xml - Email found in subject

Matt McClelland matt at wildcolour.com
Mon Apr 10 17:44:20 PDT 2006

HI Mikel

Thanks for you reply.

My last e-mail was not very clear - sorry about that.

I was wanting to have a different location map for each page of my website.
A map of the world, with one single dot marking the location of the current
article (campsite, bushwalk, national park etc)  there will be many hundreds
of these pages.

I note that you can call worldkit with a URL to get data from a query, "*
dataurl="*.  I was wanting a similar function but to be able to enter the
data directly.  eg "geodata="

So I could do something like this.

 <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="400" id="worldkit">
<param NAME=movie VALUE="worldkit.swf?geodata=lat-32.01501&long100.5220">
<param NAME=quality VALUE="high">
<param NAME=bgcolor VALUE="#000000">

<embed src="worldkit.swf?geodata=lat-32.01501&long100.5220" quality="high"
bgcolor="#000000" WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="400" NAME="worldkit" ALIGN=""
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</embed>
</object>

I guess one one to do this is for me to learn a bit of PHP and create a PHP
file that creates a xml file when I pass a similar URL to it.  but I guess I
am been lazy  :)

Matt  :)
(a new fan of worldkit)