[worldKit-dev] Line label position and Initial label load

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 04:00:55 PDT 2006

Hi Giorgio

> - when a project starts all the visible elements are shown on the map, and
> this is ok, but also all the labels are shown. I think this is not very
> attractive and I would prefer that the labels are not shown when the map is
> loaded but only after when the mouses passes over the element. Is there a
> way to do so?

Set <textinterval> to "0"

> - I have a street layer (and eventually this applies to any linear layer).
> The labels are shown somewhere along the line (not in the centroid maybe the
> first vertex?). If I zoom lmost always the labels is not displayed on the
> screen cause it probably have a coordinate that are outside the displayable
> area. Is this a normal behaviour?

Yes, the label is placed at the first vertex of a line.

One option is to set <singletextfield> to "true". That will display the label in a box at the top of the map.

Besides that, it would require some coding to change this behavior. I can give pointers if you're interested.

Mikel