[worldKit-dev] Display problems with worldkit under Linux

worldKit worldkit at brainoff.com
Mon Dec 12 04:14:02 PST 2005

Hi Markus,

There have been other reports of this problem on Ubuntu. Ubuntu does
not come installed with the same fonts as Windows, or other Linux
distros. Instead of gracefully using another font, the Flash Player on
Ubuntu simply fails to display the text.

There is a simple fix for this -- adding an config option to specify
the annotation font. I'm on the road presently, and can look at this
next week.

Or, you are welcome to modify and compile the source yourself. That
would require the Flash authoring environment, or use of an open source
flash compiler (which is top priority for worldKit at the moment).

Best, Mikel